New Post has been published on...
New Post has been published on http://greatlookinghair.org/the-structured-hairstyle-hot-new-trend
The Structured Hairstyle: Hot New Trend
The Structured Hairstyle is Back … With a Vengeance
For a long time, casual and loose hairstyles such as beach waves, boho, and messy buns have been taking over the beauty industry. Even pageant hairstyle and runway shows had been sporting them, too. But the new year sees the rise of a new trend in the hair and beauty industry … the structured hairstyle is seeing a resurgence and some experts believe that they will be seen a lot more in the red carpet, on celebrities, and even on the street.
A structured hairstyle is characterized by hair that is coiffed, hair sprayed into place, or anything that looks styled to perfection. It is highly reminiscent of the stereotypical anchor news lady hair. But don’t fret – a lot of the newer styles on structured hairdo will not make you look matronly. There had been several variations of the structured coif, such as bob or pixies, to give it a modern vibe.
Several celebrities are notable for sporting a structured ‘do quite frequently such as Melissa Rauch, Karla Mosley, Gretchen Rossi, and Victoria Beckham, to name a few. These women look all dolled up and as pristine as can be with their structured coif, whether they are strutting their stuff on the red carpet or out for some retail therapy.
A Structured Hairstyle; Curls with Side-Swept Bangs
If you want to try your hand on this hairstyle, it’s quite simple to do. The first and one of the most common type of structured hairstyles is the curls with side-swept bangs. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by blow drying your hair until it is silky smooth in texture and appearance. However, you need to apply a root booster on hair prior to styling for maximum shape and volume.
2. If you have a bangs, take a 1-inch diameter round brush and use it to smooth down those fringes over to the side of your face. When you are done, take out a large barrel round brush to work on the rest of the hair.
3. At this point, you are ready to inject some curls into the hair. Hot rollers are a great product to use to produce ringlets at the ends. Make sure you start working on the front sections of the hair first and slowly work your way towards the back part.
4. Wait for hair to fully set before you remove the hot rollers. Add a spritz of hairspray to maintain the hold of the curls. Voila! You have a structured curl with side swept bangs.
A Structured Hairstyle; The Bob
But if a structured bob is more up your alley, or trying to copy Victoria Beckham’s signature hairstyle, you can also do so using a few simple styling tricks. Try out this hairstyle using the following steps:
1. The bob is a hairstyle that works for women with thick and straight hair. Those who are born with gentle waves can also rock this hairstyle, provided that the waves can be straightened using a hot iron. The cut is characterized by a sharp layering around the nape, which helps to form the shape of the skull. The length around the top and fringe area is relatively longer than the nape area.
2. To prep the hair, apply a sculpturing product such as gel or styling mousse.
3. Then, blow dry the hair on the lower sections to boost volume. Meanwhile, the top section of the hair must be smooth out with a paddle brush as you blow dry.
4. Finish off the style by applying a small amount of wax or pomade. Use your fingers when applying the product onto the hair for more definition and structure.
5. Choosing the right part is critical to achieve that structured look. Another incentive to choosing your part is that it can give hair subtle volume and a structured finish.
Contributing author Abby Pringles is a writer who likes to write about topics relating to beauty, hair, and fashion. You can check her personal blog, Life in the Fash Lane, to read more of her works. Aside from fashion and beauty, Abby is also a hardcore basketball and tennis fan. Connect with her on Twitter and Facebook.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
- 3 Updos Every Woman Should Know How To Do
- How to do a High Hair Bun
- 9 of the Hottest Hairstyles Right Now
- How to French Braid
- The Flower Braid; So, pretty so easy
The post The Structured Hairstyle: Hot New Trend appeared first on The Hairstyle Blog.